On January 19th, 2019 East Hill Industries had the opportunity to sponsor and participate in the judging process at the annual Young Designers Award Competition.
Since 1999, the Young Designers competition has recognized students excelling within the field of graphic and package design. The event was held by ICMAD, a non-profit organization that supports innovative companies in the cosmetic industry.
“The beauty industry places a high value on the talented designers who use graphic and packaging design to communicate our brands and delight our consumers. ICMAD is pleased to recognize this next generation of designers and provide them an opportunity to showcase their talent.”- Sanjiv Mehra, Chairman ICMAD.
This year, our very own Chris James, Vice President of East Hill Industries, sat on the judges panel among talented packaging and design experts. 2019 winners were selected among a pool of over 400 design students from 23 schools.
2019 Young Designer Winners & Honorable Mentions
The 2019 Young Designers Competition winners are:
- Grand Prize Winner: Kat Brint, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- Second Place Winner: Kristine Ragasa, American Academy of Art, Chicago, IL
- Third Place Winner: Chris Kalafatis, Laguna College of Art + Design, Laguna Beach, CA
The 2019 Young Designers Competition Honorable Mentions are:
- Tamara King, Colorado Mesa University, Grand Junction, CO
- Brian Fenstermacher, Pennsylvania College of Art & Design, Lancaster, PA
2019 Young Designers Award Grand Prize Offerings
This year, the grand prize winner received generous opportunities from Quadpack and Mary Kay, Inc:
- Quadpack offered a week-long educational visit to Spain to gain inside industry knowledge alongside a beauty packaging design team, including a tour of ELISAVA, a top design school in Barcelona.
- Mary Kay, Inc. offered hands on experience as a design packaging summer intern.
For more highlights, visit ICMAD online.