The Independent Cosmetics Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) has announced this year’s Young Designers Competition.
The competition challenges college students to create a unique primary and secondary packaging design for a specific type of cosmetic container. This year, contestants will design a 6 oz. clear squeeze bottle label and outer packaging for a personal care product such as shampoo, lotion, or shower gel. Entries must include an original brand and product name.
Three winners will attend an awards dinner hosted by ICMAD in Newport Beach, as well as receive meetings with executives at top cosmetics companies and cash prizes. One first place winner will receive a $5,000 contract assignment to design a line of cosmetic bottles by East Hill Industries. The winners will be honored at an awards dinner on February 4, 2015.
This year’s judges include:
- Brian Talbot, EVP of wet n’ wild
- Robin Coe Hutshing, Creative Director at Kardashian Beauty
- Ben Bennett, Founder and Creative Director of HATCH BEAUTY
- Lindsay Pedder of Beauty Consulting and Investment Group
- Jani Friedman, VP of Guthy Renker
Participants will come from the following colleges:
- American Academy of Art
- Colorado Mesa University
- Colorado Mountain College
- Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) Los Angeles
- FIDM San Francisco
- Harrington College of Design (Chicago)
- Penn College of Arts & Design
- Miami School of Art & Design
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Louisiana State University
- Creighton University
- Texas Women’s University
- Emily Carr University of Art and Design (Canada)
- Chapman University
To learn more about East Hill Industries, take a look at our About Us page.