The following is a press release from ICMAD…
The CITY Awards Celebrate Creativity and Entrepreneurship in the Beauty Industry
June 27, 2017; Deer Park, IL – More than 25 of the beauty industry’s most creative companies have been selected as finalists for 2017 Cosmetic Innovator of The Year (CITY) Awards. The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributor’s CITY Awards is a competition for both up-and-coming and established brands to achieve international acclaim and gain visibility among industry influencers. CITY Award winners will be recognized and honored for their creative new products, package designs and marketing programs at an awards dinner hosted by Ian Ginsberg, the President of C.O. Bigelow and former ICMAD Board Chair, on July 10, 2017. This year’s event will once again be held during Cosmoprof North America at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Tickets for the awards dinner are still available and can be purchased here.
Judging for the 2017 CITY Awards was led by an esteemed group of six industry-leading experts in the fields of beauty, design, and marketing. The roster of judges consisted of:
- Dr. Brooke Carlson, Professor, Fashion Institute of Technology
- Ron Robinson, Founder & CEO BeautyStat.com
- Jerome Berard, Principal, Berard & Associates
- Jana Richele, Berard & Associates
- Maria Corbiscello, President, STUDIO MC2
- Lara Eurdolian, Editor, Pretty Connected
“This field of CITY Awards finalists represent the best and brightest of the beauty industry. At ICMAD, we are committed to celebrating and promoting entrepreneurs’ ingenuity, and we will continue this legacy by honoring industry innovators at this year’s CITY Awards reception,” said Pam Busiek, ICMAD President and CEO. “This year, we look forward to awarding individuals and companies in a new CITY Awards category, which honors those who exceed expectations, promote social responsibility and overcome business challenges.”
In addition to established categories, 2017 sees the addition of a new Industry Contributor category to include: Innovative Company of the Year, Most Valuable Player of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Charitable Company of the Year, and Best All Around Indie Retailer of the Year. The new category seeks to recognize individuals and companies that have gone above and beyond to make contributions in company leadership, to promote charitable giving, to overcome major challenges or to support existing brands.
The full list of 2017 CITY Awards finalists includes:
Color Cosmetic Product
- Beauty Velvet Air Lipstick, ECRU New York
- LYN Nail Polish, Colour Collective-LYN Nail Polish
- Mysikol Powdered Eyeliner, Iredale Mineral Cosmetics Ltd.
Facial Skincare Product
- Advanced Correcting Serum with Illuminotex, Visha Skin Care
- Magnetight Age-Defier Skin Recharging Magnet Mask, Cosmetic Essence Inc.-Dr. Brand
- COOLA Sunless Tan Anti-Aging Face Serum, COOLA Suncare
- Five Distinctive Fragrances, Innovative Body Science
- Cell Salt Enrich-Mineral Rich Body Moisturizer, Tiffany Andersen’s Salts Alive (Gavee Gold)
- Thymes Bitter Orange and Cedar Poured Candle, Curio Brands/Thymes Haircare Product
- 24-Hour Root Touch-Up and Hair Color, Temptu
- Dry Foam Shampoo, Ouai Haircare
- MANIC PANIC PROFESSIONAL, Manic Panic
Accessories and Tools
- Slipsilk Pillowcase (Navy), Slipsilk
- Clarisonic Sonic Foundation Brush, Clarisonic
- Amika-The Armory Collection, Amika
- NOTE Professional Cosmetics, ACT Cosmetics America Inc. – NOTE
- Time to Dream Again, World Wide Packaging LLC
- Slip X Jen Atkin, Slipsilk
New Product Launch
- Texture Collection, ECRU New York
- GrandeLIPS Nude Collection, Grande Cosmetics LLC
- e`volis REVERSE Hair Restoration 3-Step System, e`volis
- Cell Salt Infused-Mineral-Rich Shampoo, Tiffany Andersen Salts Alive
- Liquid Mattes, Cao Cosmetics
- Sun C Peptide Serum, Tiffany Andersen Gavee Gold
- Marin Honey Bee Pure Honey Skincare Collection Launch, Marin Bee Company
- Milk Makeup, World Wide Packaging LLC
- Colour Collective
- Dynamic Blending Specialists Inc.
- H2O+ Beauty
- Steve Adler, Fisk Industries
- Candy Shaw, Sunlights Balayage
- Tish and Snooky Bellomo, Tish and Snooky’s Manic Panic NYC
- DefineMe Fragrance
- Redex Industries Inc.
- Marin Bee Company
Past ICMAD City Award winners included: Hatchbeauty Products LLC, Body Breakthrough™ Volume Boosting Hairspray for Product Innovation: Haircare; COOLA Suncare for Product Innovation: Facial Skincare; Cover FX for Product Innovation: Color Cosmetics; and amika for Marketing/Advertising Innovation: Print Ad.
ICMAD, the Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors association, has been the voice of independent cosmetic companies around the world since 1974. Offering innovative business tools, timely publications, educational programs, networking opportunities, and key advocacy support, ICMAD provides invaluable guidance and support for all facets of the independent cosmetic industry. Stay on top of the latest regulations and events with ICMAD online at www.icmad.org, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Contact Donna Hoye: firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-334-2623 ext. 107